Thursday, January 14, 2010

The [Actual] Return of the Bird Blog

Yep, I'm back. Yours Truly, everyone's favorite disgraced newspaper editor and recovering trophy wife, has decided to reclaim her space in the blogosphere.

Yesterday marked my return from my third residency at Seton Hill University in Greensburg, PA. For those who've been living under a rock for the past year in regards to YT? I'm enrolled in the Master of Fine Arts in Writing Popular Fiction program at SHU. Suffice it to say the experience [my third residency] was vastly superior to my second residency, during which I was more or less on the verge of a nervous breakdown. (The actual breakdown came later, post flight from the Bird Cage, but that's all irrelevant now, no?)

Back here in Hooterville, I've thus far managed to avoid seeing that paper I used to run back in my days of indentured servitude. I'll admit it smarts quite a bit knowing that I spent four plus years shaping that paper into what it became only to be denied any ownership of the same. But I think I'll stay the ostrich course, and keep my head in the sand in regard to the California Focus. (Go ahead, click the link, I designed the site and I still own the domain.)

After all, I've got a novel to write and a shitload of horror books to read, not to mention someone has to maintain order in this Dollhouse. Then, of course, there's the Amazing Dancing Guitar Strumming Emo Boy, who will be auditioning for the School of American Ballet early next month. Finally, there's Mulder, and the 100,000 words I'll need to listen to before I can get my toilet fixed again.

So, in a nutshell, I really don't have any time to feel sorry for myself, nor do I intend to. Back in June 2009, when I was literally living for six words on this very Bird Blog, I swore I would no longer waste time wallowing in self pity, and I do intend to keep my word.

No comments:

Post a Comment