Monday, August 8, 2011

I need your help!


There is a good chance I'm going to be presenting at an international conference on Jack the Ripper. (Cross your fingers, guys. They're interested in me, now I just have to prove I'm actually interesting.)

You guys can help. In four sentences or less, without using Google etc., tell me what YOU know about Jack the Ripper. If you know more than four sentences worth of info, I applaud you, but please just hit the high notes.

Why do I want to know this? My presentation topic, should they officially invite me, is going to be something along the lines of "The Enduring Appeal of Jack the Ripper" and it will be very useful for me to know what exactly the general public (that's you guys) knows about the Ripper murders. Since I know some of you are very well versed in the case, I'm asking responses be limited to four sentences. Just tell me what stands out most vividly in your mind about my boy Jack.

There's several ways to play. You can either leave your response in the comments here, on my Facebook page (I'm Carla E. Anderton. Add me. I can't promise I'll always be highly entertaining but I do promise to try), or you can email me your response to carla@jozart.com.

I'm not offering any prizes, just the good feeling of knowing you helped your fellow (wo)man, but I do appreciate any and all responses. I do promise that whatever misinformation you may have about the Ripper will be clarified in a future blog entry once this experiment is complete.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm... Four sentences (or really close to four).
    1. Jack was an English dandy.
    2. Jack liked/disliked prostitutes so much he carved them. Carved them up, that is.
    3. Investigators have long suspected Jack has some sort of medical background, possibly in surgery because of the precise nature of his carving.
    4. No one knows for sure who Jack really was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I know he killed many people.
    2. I know he identity is still unknown, even if people so speculate on one or two potentials.
    3. I know he lived in England.
    4. I know homie is writing a novel about these events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. He prowled the streets of London after dark.
    2. There was a rumor that he could have been a doctor employeed by the Queen. (The Queen's doctor)
    3. He killed only prostitutes.
    4. He totally got away with murder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Jack killed prostitutes in the White Chapel area of London.
    2. Some people believe he was a doctor, because of how the victims were cut up.
    3. The murders happened in the late 19th century.
    4. He dismembered bodies and took organs

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. He's still unnamed, but there have been lots of guesses from royals to the guy who write Peter Pan (the show Primeval claimed he was a time-lost raptor)
    2. His victims were prostitutes, and he carved them all up (but I don't know in what way)
    3. There's a tour through the dark alleys and tunnels of the area that you can take today in London
    4. He's the first serial killer I know of

    ReplyDelete